Applications are open and shortlisting will take place on a rolling basis, hence recommended to apply early. Please take note of the Process details below and ensure that you complete all steps in the process as incomplete applications will not be processed.
Sanari Capital, a private equity fund manager investing in growth companies in Africa (mainly from South Africa) is seeking an Investment Analyst or Associate (appointment in line with experience). The candidate will be responsible for investment analysis and evaluation, post-transaction portfolio management support and value addition, and exits in line with the firm’s investment strategy.
The individual will be a member of the transacting team. The main objective of this team is to identify and evaluate investment opportunities, execute the transaction, manage the investment and ensure optimal returns for investors when exiting the transaction.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Facilitate strong investment performance and value addition in the Fund through the following activities:
- Screening new investment opportunities in key strategic sectors / investment themes;
- Research and construct comparable company analyses and develop multiple forecast scenarios through company and industry research;
- Preparation of robust investment models;
- Valuation and thorough investment evaluation;
- Prepare proposals for and attend meetings with prospective investee management;
- Due diligence of opportunities and preparation of investment memoranda for the company’s Exco and Investment Committee. Form part of the deal team that motivates the deal to internal committees.
- Development and maintenance of investment models, portfolio data, and supporting analytics;
- Compile quarterly investment reports on portfolio companies reflecting an in-depth understanding of the company and external market drivers;
- Investment management support in portfolio companies and exit processes.
- Ability to conduct industry research, formulate and critically evaluate investment theses, rigorously interrogate and analyse information, articulate opinions, and distill through excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent financial modelling skills. Preference for corporate finance / private equity / leveraged finance modelling and structuring;
- Strong numerical skills;
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of value drivers;
- Understands and can validate an investment thesis;
- Understanding of different markets and business models;
- A high degree of proficiency with various software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, in particular excellent financial modelling in Excel and proposal/presentation skills in PowerPoint;
- Demonstrate initiative, complete tasks unaided and work well in small teams;
- Work efficiently under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Recognise and be responsive to the needs of investee companies, team members and other stakeholders;
- Present sufficiently detailed, thorough work, and maintain accurate records;
- A team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The candidate must demonstrate a proficiency in corporate finance and financial analysis, as well as having the required work experience.
- Bachelor’s and/or Post Graduate Degree in Business (MBA) and/or Finance (or other if subsequent work experience in finance), Chartered Accountant (CA), and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations.
1-5 years of transacting / investment-related experience, which may include:
- corporate finance, investment banking, leveraged finance, transaction advisory or mergers and acquisitions;
- experience investing in alternative investment strategies such as buyouts, growth equity and BEE transactions;
- strategy consulting which should include experience in valuation and due diligence, corporate finance, M&A and/or private equity transactions.
Prior experience should include responsibilities for research, complex analysis, forecasting and valuation, structuring, corporate finance transactions, analysis of financial statements, value driver analysis and modelling, report writing and preparing presentations.
- Highly technical, critical and analytical by nature, shows attention to detail.
- Professional, confident and determined; a demonstrable history of resilience and taking on challenges.
- Good people skills.
- Integrity of the highest order and dependability.
As noted above, applications are open and shortlisting will take place on a rolling basis, hence recommended to apply early. Please click on the link to apply. The application comprises of answers to a form, submission of your resume / CV as well as a letter of motivation. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 8 December. Once you have completed the form below please submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special note: in an age of AI where we at Sanari very much support the use of Generative AI for enhanced performance, presentation and productivity, we nevertheless kindly request that your application please be submitted without the help of AI as it is your personal communication and presentation capabilities we are assessing and your authentic personal motivations we are interested in partnering with. Thanking you in advance.