Applications now open. Once you have completed the form below (see link) please submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com.
Sanari Capital, a private equity fund manager (the “Fund Manager”), is seeking a Financial Manager to fulfil financial management, oversight, accounting and reporting roles for the firm. The position will support the executive teams with key deliverables and will have scope for future growth and development.
Financial Management to include:
- Prepare Fund Manager management accounts, oversee and implement quality and timeous accounting with analysis and interpretation of variances presented to executive management;
- Fund accounting and reporting: Review of monthly fund financial statements and quarterly investor reporting package prepared by fund administrator. Prepare supporting schedules for annual audit process and handle auditor requests. Serve a coordinating role for sharing of information between Fund Manager and the fund administrator;
- Portfolio monitoring and valuation: Collection, consolidation and analysis of portfolio financial and operational information; coordination of and participation in portfolio quarterly valuations;
- Support the preparation of various deliverables for investor presentations and marketing purposes;
- Financial and statutory compliance of Fund Manager and affiliated entities, including financial statements audit, tax returns review and regular secretarial filings;
- Assist the investment team and fundraising team in various ad hoc financial or analytical projects;
- Financial modelling, forecasting and analyses;
- Annual budgeting and ongoing cash flow forecasting;
- Report preparation and presentation (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- Assess and manage risks, implement controls and checks;
- Prepare and compile Annual Financial Statements and handle audit queries. Project manage audit process for on-time completion;
- Tax planning, processes and documentation;
- Maintenance of various finance and administration documentation;
- Accounting functions including tax returns (oversight), payroll (oversight), issuing invoices and receiving payments, debtor and creditor management, dividend calculations and general bookkeeping;
- Maintain accuracy of accounting system, and financial interface with other systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Post Graduate Degree in Business or Finance; qualified CA(SA).
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification accounting-related experience.
The Candidate must demonstrate a proficiency in accounting, financial management and financial analysis, as well as having the required work experience.
- Very strong technical expertise in accounting and financial analysis (tax and structuring a plus);
- Highly analytical and with an exceptional attention to detail;
- Experience/expertise with business intelligence analysis, software integration, process automation and coding an advantage;
- A high degree of proficiency with various software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, in particular excellent financial modelling in Excel and proposal/presentation skills in PowerPoint;
- Experience with Xero a plus;
- Refined verbal and written communications skills;
- Exercise sound business judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Self-motivated, organised, quick learner with strong initiative;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks independently and in a small team setting, work under pressure to deliver quality outputs under tight deadlines;
- Recognise and be responsive to the needs of investee companies, team members, fund investors and other stakeholders;
- Present sufficiently detailed, thorough work, and maintain accurate records;
- Willingness to share information, teach and learn from others;
- Private equity or venture capital experience an advantage.
- Good people skills.
- Highly technical, critical and analytical by nature, shows attention to detail.
- Integrity of the highest order and dependability.
- Johannesburg-based role.
Applications are now open. Kindly submit applications at your earliest convenience, shortlisting will begin as soon as 14 November and applications close on 30 November. Please click on the link to apply. The application comprises of answers to a form, submission of your resume / CV as well as a letter of motivation. Short-listed candidates will be contacted between 16 November and 4 December. Once you have completed the form below please submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.