Applications now open. Once you have completed the form below (see link) please submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com.
Sanari Capital, a private equity fund manager investing in growth companies in Africa (mainly South Africa) is seeking an Investment Associate. The candidate will be responsible for investment analysis and evaluation, post-transaction portfolio management support and value addition in line with the firm’s investment strategy.
The individual will be a member of the transacting team. The main objective of this team is to identify and evaluate investment opportunities, execute the transaction, manage the investment and ensure optimal returns for investors when exiting the transaction. The candidate would be joining an entrepreneurial and purpose-led team and as such should have a passion for building businesses and a shared sense of purpose.
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Facilitate strong investment performance and value addition in the Fund through the:
- Ideation and identification of new investment opportunities in key strategic sectors / investment themes;
- Networking, origination and vetting of new investment opportunities;
- Research and construct comparable company analyses and develop multiple forecast scenarios through company and industry research;
- Preparation of robust investment models;
- Valuation and thorough investment evaluation;
- Prepare proposals for and attend meetings with prospective investee management;
- Due diligence of opportunities and preparation of investment memoranda for the company’s Exco and Investment Committee. Form part of the deal team that motivates the deal to internal committees.
- Manage various workstreams on a deal and co-ordinate with funders, co-investors and service providers;
- Development and maintenance of investment models, portfolio data, and supporting analytics;
- Compile quarterly investment reports on portfolio companies reflecting an in-depth understanding of the company and external market drivers;
- Investment management and value addition support in portfolio companies;
- Networking, liaising, and maintaining of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct industry research, formulate and critically evaluate investment theses, rigorously interrogate and analyse information, articulate opinions, and distil through excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent financial modelling skills. Preference for private equity modelling and structuring;
- Strong numerical skills;
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of value drivers;
- Understands and can validate an investment thesis;
- Wide understanding of different markets and business models, and ability to judge the quality of investments;
- Presentation capabilities and refined verbal and written communications skills;
- A high degree of proficiency with various software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, in particular excellent financial modelling in Excel and proposal/presentation skills in PowerPoint;
- Demonstrate initiative, complete tasks unaided and work well in a small team;
- Exercise sound business judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Work efficiently under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Recognise and be responsive to the needs of investee companies, team members and other stakeholders;
- Present sufficiently detailed, thorough work, and maintain accurate records;
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to different audiences and build effective relationships;
- Willingness to share information, teach and learn from others. A team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The candidate must demonstrate a proficiency in corporate finance and financial analysis, as well as having the required work experience.
- Bachelor’s and/or Post Graduate Degree in Business (MBA) and/or Finance (or other if subsequent work experience in finance), Chartered Accountant (CA), and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations.
Minimum 3-6 years of investment-related experience, which may include:
- experience investing in alternative investment strategies such as buyouts, growth equity and BEE transactions;
- corporate finance, investment banking, leveraged finance, transaction advisory or mergers and acquisitions;
- strategy consulting which should include experience in valuation and due diligence, corporate finance, M&A and/or private equity transactions.
Top tier investment training and background preferred.
Prior experience should include responsibilities for research, complex analysis, forecasting and valuation, structuring, corporate finance transactions, analysis of financial statements, value driver analysis and modelling, analytical business decision-making, and report writing.
- High emotional intelligence and maturity, good people skills.
- Highly technical, critical and analytical by nature, shows attention to detail.
- Professional, confident and determined; a demonstrable history of resilience and taking on challenges.
- Integrity of the highest order and dependability.
- Driven, passionate and compassionate individual. Profit- and Purpose-driven.
- An all-rounder and learner-for-life.
Applications for the position to be submitted by 25 October. Please click on the link to apply. The application comprises of answers to a form, submission of your resume / CV as well as a letter of motivation. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 4 November. Once you have completed the form below please submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.