Applications due 15 January 2020 (applications to remain open until 30 January but advantageous to apply early). Once you have completed the form below (see link) please submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com.
Sanari Capital, a private equity fund manager operating in the Lower and Mid Market is seeking a senior Investment Partner / Principal (position determined based on experience). The candidate will be responsible for origination, due diligence, execution (including structuring and funding), post-transaction portfolio management and value addition in line with the firm’s investment strategy.
The candidate will assume a lead role in investments, participate in the firm’s investment committee, and play a leadership role in the firm in terms of strategy, governance, business decision-making and fundraising. The candidate would be joining the founding team and as such is required to have entrepreneurial attributes, a shared sense of purpose and values, and the position offers equity alignment and ownership. The candidate will need to meet requirements for a B-BBEE appointment due to the company’s strategic intention to continue complying with the requirements of a Black Private Equity Fund Manager per the Codes of Good Practice.
The firm is currently raising a new USD 100 million fund and the intention would be for the candidate to play a leading role in the investment programme of the Lower and Mid Market Fund (the LMM Fund) and provide support on the existing fund and portfolio companies. With Sanari’s expansion beyond South African borders, rest-of-Africa or other international experience is a plus.
Located in Johannesburg, South Africa or London, UK with travel.
Facilitate strong investment performance and value addition in the Fund through the:
- Ideation and identification of new investment opportunities in key strategic sectors / investment themes;
- Networking, origination and vetting of new investment opportunities;
- Research and construct comparable company analyses and develop multiple forecast scenarios through company and industry research;
- Valuation and thorough investment evaluation;
- Due diligence of opportunities and preparation of investment memoranda for the company’s Exco and Investment Committee;
- Project management of a deal from start to finish, including management of funders, co-investors and service providers;
- Management, oversight, training and development of the investment team;
- Negotiation, structuring and review of legal agreements;
- Development and maintenance of investment models, portfolio data, and supporting analytics;
- Identification of key risks facing the portfolio and implementation of mitigating strategies / policies;
- Sign off of quarterly portfolio reports for the Investment Committee and Investors;
- Investment management and value addition in portfolio companies in line with the Company’s value add framework and investment approach;
- Networking, liaising, and maintaining of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct industry research, formulate and critically evaluate investment theses, rigorously interrogate and analyse information, articulate opinions, and distil through excellent report writing skills;
- Strong financial modelling skills. Preference for private equity modelling and structuring;
- Strong numerical skills;
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to source viable investments;
- Wide understanding of different markets and business models, and ability to judge the quality of investments;
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to create innovative investment solutions / structures;
- Presentation capabilities and refined verbal and written communications skills;
- A high degree of proficiency with various software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Demonstrate initiative, complete tasks unaided and work well in a small team;
- Exercise sound business judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Work efficiently under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Recognise and be responsive to the needs of investee companies, team members and other stakeholders;
- Bring experience in a wide array of strategic, governance, financial, functional and operational matters. Can show evidence of “been there done that” in growing / scaling companies and managing downside scenarios ;
- Present sufficiently detailed, thorough work, and maintain accurate records;
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to different audiences and build effective relationships;
- Willingness to share information, teach and learn from others. A team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The candidate must demonstrate a proficiency in corporate finance, financial analysis and strategy, as well as having the required work experience.
At least one of the following:
- MBA (top 10 international school preferred),
- Chartered Accountant (CA),
- Masters in Finance (or similar) and/or
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations.
- More than 10 years of work experience.
- More than 6-10 years (level determined based on experience) investing in alternative investment strategies such as buyouts, growth equity and BEE transactions.
- Alternatively, more than 8 years in strategy / corporate finance / investment banking / transaction advisory with significant exposure to private equity.
- Top tier investment training and background preferred.
- Prior experience should include responsibilities for research, analytical business decision-making, board governance and strategic involvement, strategic and/or operational value addition in businesses, origination, negotiation, structuring, and corporate finance transactions.
- Significant experience performing complex financial analysis, modelling, company valuations.
- High emotional intelligence and maturity, good people skills.
- Highly technical, critical and analytical by nature, shows attention to detail.
- Professional, confident and determined; a demonstrable history of resilience and taking on challenges.
- Integrity of the highest order and dependability.
- Driven, passionate and compassionate individual. Profit- and Purpose-driven.
- An all-rounder and learner-for-life.
- Located in Johannesburg, or London with travel.
Combination Basic, Bonus, Carried Interest and Equity.
Applications for the position to be submitted by 15 January 2020 (applications to remain open until 30 January but advantageous to apply early). Please click on the link below to apply. The application comprises of answers to a form, submission of your resume / CV as well as a letter of motivation. Initial feedback will be provided by 31 January 2020. Once you have completed the form below you can submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.