Applications due 15 January 2020 (applications to remain open until 30 January but advantageous to apply early). Once you have completed the form below (see link) please submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com.
Sanari Capital is seeking a Financial Manager / Independent CFO (position determined based on experience) to provide financial oversight and accounting services internally and for the companies in our investment portfolio. The role will support the executive teams with key financial information and operational analytics, and drive a culture of accountability in managing the business.
This role may begin as a part-time and/or flexible role.
Financial Management internally and for the portfolio companies:
- Financial modelling, forecasting, and analyses;
- Annual Budgeting;
- Set Practices, Processes, Standards and Templates for Financial Planning, Management and Reporting;
- Presentation and report preparation;
- Review reports for financial risks/issues;
- Compile Annual Financial Statements;
- Tax Planning, Processes, Documents;
- Audit queries;
- Dividend resolutions and calculations;
- Cash flow forecasting;
- Inventory strategy;
- Building capability of Finance functions.
Internal General Accounting functions:
- Tax returns (PAYE, EMP 501 VAT, provisional tax returns, income tax returns);
- Fixed Asset Register;
- Debtor and Creditor Management;
- Issuing invoices, credit notes, and receiving payments (oversee admin staff);
- Maintain accuracy of accounting system, and financial interface with other systems.
The candidate must demonstrate a proficiency in accounting, financial management and financial analysis to perform the above functions without supervision, as well as having the required work experience.
- Ability to prepare management accounts with analytical insights;
- Ability to compile and prepare company and consolidated financial statements;
- A high degree of proficiency with various software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, in particular excellent financial modelling in Excel and proposal/presentation skills in PowerPoint;
- Experience with Xero required, proficiency with other software packages a plus, experience with BI software (Power BI, Cognos, Futurli or similar) preferred;
- Strong financial modelling skills;
- Strong numerical skills;
- Exercise sound business judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of value drivers;
- Presentation capabilities and refined verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrate initiative, complete tasks unaided and work well in a small team;
- Work efficiently under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Recognise and be responsive to the needs of investee companies, team members and other stakeholders;
- Present sufficiently detailed, thorough work, and maintain accurate records.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
At least one of the following:
- Bachelors degree with accounting honours, or equivalent;
- Chartered Accountant (CA) designation;
- Other Bachelor’s and/or Post Graduate Degree in Business and/or Finance (or other if subsequent work experience in finance);
- Other relevant certifications.
- Minimum 3-6 years of accounting-related experience;
- Financial management level achieved;
- Managed a finance team or function (preferred);
- Experience with business intelligence analysis and insights;
- Private equity experience a plus.
- Good people skills.
- Highly technical, critical and analytical by nature, shows attention to detail.
- Integrity of the highest order and dependability.
- An all-rounder and learner-for-life.
- Johannesburg-based role.
- Initially flexible and/or part-time role, with possibility to grow to full-time in near-term. Candidate specific requirements to be discussed.
Applications for the position to be submitted by 15 January 2020 (applications to remain open until 30 January but advantageous to apply early). Please click on the link below to apply. The application comprises of answers to a form, submission of your resume / CV as well as a letter of motivation. Initial feedback will be provided by 31 January 2020. Once you have completed the form below (see link) you may submit your Resume/CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.